The perfect remedy for a cold winter evening
1 h 30 m
1 package of Gusta Seitan Roast (400g)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
1 large onion, minced
2 big carrots
3 celeri branch
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 egg replacement (follow instructions)
1/2 cup vegan dry bread crumbs
6 cups vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup cold water
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
salt to taste
- Cube the Seitan Roast to prepare it for the blender. Pulse it intermittently while pushing it with a spoon to ensure an evenly ground mixture. Empty into a mixing bowl and add egg replacement, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, parsley and breadcrumbs. Mix to combine thoroughly.
2. Form the “meat” mixture into 1-inch meatballs; roll each meatball in the flour. Reserve unused flour.
3. Pour the vegetable broth into a large pot, bring to a boil over medium heat, and add carrots, onions, celery, thyme, potatoes, bay leaf and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the “meatballs” with olive oil or coconut oil until golden brown.
5. Whisk remaining flour with cold water in a cup to create a smooth paste, and gradually pour into the simmering broth to thicken. Bring the gravy to a full boil, and cook, stirring continuously, until the gravy thickens, about 5 minutes. Add the meatballs to the stew, and serve.