10 min Prep
15 min Cooking
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste (80 mL)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of water (60 ml)
- 227 g Original GUSTA cheese, grated
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Place the mushrooms, stem down, on a pre-oiled baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn mushrooms over.
- Cover each mushroom with tomato sauce and top with cheese.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is grilled.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of Canadians who call themselves vegan or vegetarian.