10 min Prep
35 min Cooking
- 8 oz (250g) dry weight elbow or macaroni pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 350g GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (200g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (210g) tomato puree
- 1 cup (250 ml) veggie broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz (400g) red kidney beans, drained
- 7 oz (200g) black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mozza Style cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Style cheese
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based pot (or casserole pot) over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent, then add the diced jalapeno pepper and garlic, sautéing for a minute more until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground and cook until browned, breaking up any big chunks with the end of your wooden spoon. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt and mix through until the veggie ground is fully coated in the seasonings.
- Mix in the crushed tomatoes along with the juices, tomato puree, broth, tomato paste and beans. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven broiler (or grill) on medium heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss well to combine. Top with cheese, transfer to the oven and broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Garnish with sliced jalapeños and chopped cilantro (optional).
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of antibiotics sold in the United States used for livestock.