20 min Cooking
Primary Dough Ingredients
- 220 g plant-based milk
- 40 g sugar
- 1 g salt
- 20g pink dragonfruit (pitaya) powder
- 40g almond flour
- 325 g bread flour
- 5 g active yeast
- 1 tbsp plant-based butter or olive oil
- 3 tbsp vegetarian mayonnaise or sandwich spread of choice
- 5 GUSTA Smoked Spices Sausage
- Using your kitchen mixer, bread machine, or by hand, combine primary dough ingredients to form a consistent dough
- Add in oil and continue to work the dough until it passes the Windowpane Test (when you pull the dough, it stretches to form a window pane-thick layer prior to breaking).
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts
- Lightly flour a working surface, dust your hands, and roll the dough into a rectangular shape
- Knead 1 part into a smooth dough, and roll it into a rectangular shape
- Place Gusta Smoked Spices Sausage on one side and roll it into a spring-roll like shape
- Trim the side, and cut the roll into 6 pieces. Place them cross-section up, this will be the flower petals.
- Knead another 1 part into a smooth ball, place in the center of the petal as the flower core.
- Repeat for the remaining dough parts.
- Let the bread rise for 1.5hr or until double in size, lightly flour the top of the center dough.
- Bake in 325F oven for 16 min or until fully baked (use a toothpick and poke to see if it comes out clean).
- For full preservation of colour, you can bake the breads covered (extend the baking time to 18-20 min).
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of Canadians who call themselves vegan or vegetarian.