15 min Prep
30 min Cooking
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 3/4 lb (350 g) GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground
- 100 g (1/2 cup) of pre-cooked rice
- 1 can of 540 ml (19 oz or 2 cups) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of 398 ml (14 oz or 1 2/3 cups) diced tomatoes
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable broth
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chili seasoning
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 100 g (1 cup) GUSTA Cheddar Style cheese, grated
- 100 g (1 cup) GUSTA Mozzarella Style cheese, grated
- 6 wheat tortillas, cut into pieces
- Cilantro, chopped
- Jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C (450 ° F).
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and golden. In a large ovenproof skillet, simmer the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground, rice, beans, tomatoes, broth and spices. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring a few times or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread the cheese over the entire surface and garnish with jalapeño. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
StatsMore fun facts!
Shows the rise of veganism in the UK from 2009 to 2016.