10 min Prep
35 min Cooking
- 1- 454 g block of extra firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch (40 g)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (add more as needed)
- 3 cups of tomato sauce (750 mL)
- 227 g GUSTA Original cheese, grated
- Preheat an oven to 400 ̊F (205 ̊C).
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and salt.
- Add the tofu and mix gently until the slices are coated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In a baking dish, spread half the tomato sauce evenly. Add the tofu and the rest of the sauce. Top with GUSTA Original cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is cooked through.
StatsMore fun facts!
The water consumption required for 1 kg of beef is 8 times higher than for 1 kg of wheat.