15 min Prep
5 min Cooking
For the Viet-style pâté:
- ½ GUSTA Original paté
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 Vietnamese baguettes (or Italian-style)
- Vegan mayonnaise spread
- 1 GUSTA Classico seitan roast, sliced thin like deli slices
- 2-3 stems of cilantro per sandwich
- ½ cucumber, sliced into long strips
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into long strips
- 1 small daikon, sliced into long strips
- Optional: Birds eye chili, cut into thin slices
- To make the Vietnamese-style buttery pâté, use a fork to mix together the pate and vegan butter.
- Make a slit down the center of the baguettes where you’ll add in the fillings.
- Toast the slit baguettes for about 2-3 minutes, until the outside is crisp but the inside is still tender and just warmed.
- Open the baguette and spread the buttery pâté on the bottom half and the vegan mayo on the top.
- Layer the sliced seitan roast then add the sliced cucumber, pickled daikon and carrots, and cilantro on top. If you like things spicier, add a couple coin slices of birds eye chili to the sandwich.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.