15 min Prep
5 min Cooking
For the Viet-style pâté:
- ½ GUSTA Original paté
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 Vietnamese baguettes (or Italian-style)
- Vegan mayonnaise spread
- 1 GUSTA Classico seitan roast, sliced thin like deli slices
- 2-3 stems of cilantro per sandwich
- ½ cucumber, sliced into long strips
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into long strips
- 1 small daikon, sliced into long strips
- Optional: Birds eye chili, cut into thin slices
- To make the Vietnamese-style buttery pâté, use a fork to mix together the pate and vegan butter.
- Make a slit down the center of the baguettes where you’ll add in the fillings.
- Toast the slit baguettes for about 2-3 minutes, until the outside is crisp but the inside is still tender and just warmed.
- Open the baguette and spread the buttery pâté on the bottom half and the vegan mayo on the top.
- Layer the sliced seitan roast then add the sliced cucumber, pickled daikon and carrots, and cilantro on top. If you like things spicier, add a couple coin slices of birds eye chili to the sandwich.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the number of people throughout the world that participate in Vegenuary (the vegan month of January)