10 min Prep
10 min Cooking
- 320 g GUSTA Apple Maple sausages
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (450 g) block firm tofu, crumbled
- 150 g silken tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 cup soy milk (180 ml)
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan black salt - kala namak (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped chives for garnish
- Slice the sausages into bite size pieces.
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and then the sausages, onions, mushrooms and jalapeño. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in crumbled firm tofu, silky tofu, nutritional yeast, onion powder, turmeric, soy milk, Himalayan black salt (optional) salt and pepper.
- Keep cooking for a few minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
StatsMore fun facts!
The water consumption required for 1 kg of beef is 8 times higher than for 1 kg of wheat.