10 min Prep
30 min Cooking
For the soup:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 GUSTA Germaine vegan sausages
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups yellow-fleshed potatoes, diced (550 g)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (1.5 liters)
- 4 cups of kale, cut into bite-size pieces (50 g)
- 1 cup of cashews (120 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the vegan sausage.
- Use a spatula to break up the sausage and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté, over medium heat, for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the dried basil, dried oregano, thyme, diced potatoes, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 10 min. Drain them.
- Add a cup of water, cashew andnutritional yeast to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the cashew cream and the kale and simmer for 10 more minutes.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.