15 min Prep
80 min Cooking
- 2 large roasted peppers
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil plus more for roasting pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked over night)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 vegetable cube
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup residue water from boiling pasta
- 1 and half cup of pasta of your choice
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- 1 GUSTA Classico seitan roast, crumbled
- Cut your pumpkin in half, lightly spread some olive oil over top. Roast your pumpkin for 1 hour at 380F.
- Deseed your pepper and roast in a separate pan beside the pumpkin for 20 minutes.
- Sautee your onion for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add in your vegetable cube, garlic powder and paste, onion powder, 2 bay leaves, salt, lemon juice, tomato puree, paprika and parsley flakes. Sautee for 5 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and once cooled, measure 2 cups.
- Add drained and rinsed cashews into the blender, along with your onion mixture, pumpkin puree and roasted peppers into a high-speed blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Place back into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add vegan parmesan or pine nuts to garnish.
- Boil your pasta and keep some reservoir water for the sauce.
- Add your pasta in the pan and mix well with all other ingredients.
- Finally, add the crumbled seitan roast and enjoy it!
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of antibiotics sold in the United States used for livestock.