15 min Prep
35 min Cooking
- 500 g canned red kidney beans
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of frozen corn, or canned
- 500 g canned tomatoes (diced)
- 100 ml canned tomato paste
- 4 GUSTA Espanola sausages chopped in blender
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed chili
- Oregano, pepper and salt for flavour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander to garnish, chopped
- 100 g grated GUSTA Americano cheese
- 4 cups of brown rice
- Grill onion and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining vegetables, sausages and spices, and sear.
- Add diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato paste and water while stirring.
- Simmer covered for about 30-40 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick, add 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare your brown rice according to the directions of the manufacturer.
- Garnish with a little grated Americano and coriander on a bed of brown rice.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.