- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 GUSTA Smoked Paprika Seitan Sausages, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup parboiled rice
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (pimentón)
- Black pepper
- 1 small can (398 ml) diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
- In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable stock and turmeric over low heat for 5 minutes, without bringing to a boil. Keep warm.
- Fry the sausage slices
- Separately, over high heat, fry the red pepper and onion, then add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, paprika, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the saffron broth and diced tomatoes. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and cook over low heat for 18 minutes.
- Add the green peas and sausage slices. Stir, cover, and cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice, garnish with parsley, and serve.
StatsMore fun facts!
Represents the vegan population of Berlin.