- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 GUSTA Smoked Paprika Seitan Sausages, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup parboiled rice
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (pimentón)
- Black pepper
- 1 small can (398 ml) diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
- In a small saucepan, heat the vegetable stock and turmeric over low heat for 5 minutes, without bringing to a boil. Keep warm.
- Fry the sausage slices
- Separately, over high heat, fry the red pepper and onion, then add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, paprika, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the saffron broth and diced tomatoes. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and cook over low heat for 18 minutes.
- Add the green peas and sausage slices. Stir, cover, and cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice, garnish with parsley, and serve.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the number of people throughout the world that participate in Vegenuary (the vegan month of January)