15 min Prep
30 min Cooking
- 350g GUSTA Original Veggie Ground
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking Sake
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons)
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp Sriracha or more (adjust to your spice preference)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well-combined. To make the meatballs, spoon out 1 ½ inch of meat mixture and roll into balls of 1 ½ inches. Place onto the baking sheet or tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Make a slurry with water and cornstarch and whisk until chunks are dissolved.
- In a sauce pan, mix sauce ingredients (except cornstarch slurry) until well incorporated. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat, mix the cornstarch mixture in and give it a quick good mix until it dissolves into the sauce. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, while stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking on the bottom of the pan (about 5 minutes).
- When meatballs have finished cooking, pour 3/4 of the sauce over them and toss gently to evenly coat.
- Transfer the glazed meatballs to a serving dish or tray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions (if desired). Serve warm with toothpicks or mini forks, and with remaining sauce for dipping.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.