30 min Prep
5 min Cooking
- 1 cup evaporated soy milk
- ⅔ - ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp-1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 Gusta Kebab Shawarma thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or bouillon paste/powder dissolved in water
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4-6 pieces of pita bread
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the evaporated soy milk, sugar, garlic and garlic powder.
- While whisking, very slowly pour in vinegar while mixing. No not over-mix.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable broth over medium-high until warmed. Add sliced Gusta shawarma-style seitan, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Once heated, remove seitan from the broth and, allowing excess broth to drip back into the pan.
- One at a time, steam your pita. I did this by placing a wire cooling rack over a pot of boiling water and placing the pita on top until soft and fluffy.
- On each pita, lay the seitan down first, sprinkle with onion and tomato then drizzle with donair sauce. Roll up and enjoy. Repeat with the remaining ingredients
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the number of people throughout the world that participate in Vegenuary (the vegan month of January)