10 min Prep
30 min Cooking
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 220 g mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 GUSTA Vegan Seitan Burger, crumbled
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground white or black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 1 cup (250 mL) plant milk
- 1 GUSTA Cheddar Style cheese, shredded
- 1½.lbs tater-tots
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the crumbled GUSTA Seitan Burger, tomato paste, soy sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Sprinkle in the flour, paprika, oregano, and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the water and milk, stirring well and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat, level out the filling, sprinkle with the GUSTA Cheddar Style cheese and arrange the tater-tots on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy on top and bubbling in the center. Serve.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of Canadians who call themselves vegan or vegetarian.