10 min Prep
30 min Cooking
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 pkg Montrealaise Gusta Sausages
- 18 large jalapeño peppers
- 1 Gusta Americano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Put the sausages in the blender and give it a quick blast just enough to crumble them into a “ground meat” texture. In a frying pan over medium-high heat add the coconut oil. Once oil is melted, add the onion and cook until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the “sausages” and stir. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes so that the flavors combine well and add salt to taste.
- Cut jalapeños in halves removing the seeds and ribs. Be very careful at this point not to touch your face and as soon as you are done thoroughly wash your hands with dish soap. The oils from the raw jalapenos will severely burn.
- Using a small spoon, carefully fill the jalapenos with the mixture. Top with loads of cheese and pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until the jalapenos appear to be cooked and “cheese” is melted. To test for doneness, insert a knife into the side of a pepper; if it pierces easily, the peppers are done.
StatsMore fun facts!
The water consumption required for 1 kg of beef is 8 times higher than for 1 kg of wheat.