10 min Prep
50 min Cooking
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts
- 1 small onion sliced finely
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp of saffron
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter of choice
- 1 GUSTA seitan roast Kebab Shawarma thinly sliced
- Rinse and soak the saffron rice for 30 minutes in 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Warm up the olive oil in a pot on medium.
- Add the pine nuts until toasty and quickly remove to avoid burning. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the pot and saute until translucent.
- Add the soaked and strained rice, stir to coat.
- Add the rest of water, saffron water and salt.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low and allow to steam for 20 minutes.
- Add butter, pine nuts and stir throughout.
- Cook the GUSTA Kebab Shawarma thinly sliced.
- Serve the rice with grilled GUSTA Kebab Shawarma and a side salad, then enjoy!
StatsMore fun facts!
Represents the vegan population of Berlin.