20 min Prep
15 min Cooking
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1 Creton GUSTA
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 vegan puff pastry, thawed, 400g each.
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C°
- Add the oil to a frying pan. Heat over medium heat along with the chopped onions. Stir often until the onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic, thyme, and button mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and they have released a lot of their water.
- Stir in the creton pate, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, and sea salt. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the pate has warmed through and formed a nice, soft mixture. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Cup out 24-8cm rounds from the pastry. Fill each with 2 tsp. of the pate mixture and fold over to create a little envelope. Pinch to seal the edges (it will open up while cooking, but this helps keep the mixture in). Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush turnovers lightly with some plant based milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy it!
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of antibiotics sold in the United States used for livestock.