40 min Prep
40 min Cooking
- 1 GUSTA Classico seitan roast
- 350 g store-bought pie crust
- 230 g mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- Add the mushrooms to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the thyme, oregano, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat and let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry to get a 21 cm X 28 cm (8 1/2 X 11 in) rectangle.
- Spread the mushroom filling over the dough, leaving a 5 cm (2 in) border.
- Place the seitan roast on the top end of the dough.
- Very carefully roll the pastry over the seitan roast. Press down to seal the edges. Roll over the log so that the seam is facing the bottom.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the amount of the rising American vegan population in the last 3 years.