40 min Prep
40 min Cooking
- 1 GUSTA Classico seitan roast
- 350 g store-bought pie crust
- 230 g mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- Add the mushrooms to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms in olive oil for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the thyme, oregano, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat and let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry to get a 21 cm X 28 cm (8 1/2 X 11 in) rectangle.
- Spread the mushroom filling over the dough, leaving a 5 cm (2 in) border.
- Place the seitan roast on the top end of the dough.
- Very carefully roll the pastry over the seitan roast. Press down to seal the edges. Roll over the log so that the seam is facing the bottom.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.