10 min Prep
40 min Cooking
- 3 big sweet potatoes
- 4 Brunch GUSTA sausages
- 240g arborio rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 250ml white wine
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable broth, heated
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 handful walnuts (Optional)
- Flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for cooking risotto and sausage
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)
- Peel sweet potatoes, then cut into dice-sized chunks and put them in a large bowl.
- In a small glass, combine maple syrup, curry powder and 1 tbsp olive oil. Pour over sweet potatoes and mix, using a spatula, until all of the sweet potato is evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potato in a large ovenproof dish and cover with parchment paper. Cook for 30 minutes, turning the sweet potatoes over halfway through.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, make the risotto.
- In a large nonstick pan, cook onion in a bit of olive oil until translucent. Add the rice, toasting for a minute or two while stirring constantly, then pour in the white wine, still stirring.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add a ladleful of hot vegetable broth. Wait until the broth has been absorbed before adding another ladleful. Keep going until the risotto is cooked al dente (the rice should be cooked through but still have some bite to it).
- When the risotto is almost done, remove the sausages from their packaging and cut them into thin slices. Quickly fry in a bit of olive oil. Make sure both sides are browned.
- Prepare your dish using the three elements (risotto, sweet potato and sausage) then sprinkle a bit of walnuts and parsley to taste (optional). Season with pepper to taste and serve immediately.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the amount of the rising American vegan population in the last 3 years.