- 8 ½ oz (240 g) dry rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 GUSTA Italiana seitan sausages, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes (550 ml each)
- ½ tsp (2 ml) hot pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp (4 ml) salt
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer's instructions. Save ½ cup (125 ml) of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Brown the sausage slices.
- Separately, cook and stir the garlic for 1 minute, then add the cherry tomatoes, hot pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Then cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and sausage to the skillet and sprinkle with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the pasta cooking water. Stir well and simmer 1 minute. If the sauce seems too dry, add a little more pasta water.
StatsMore fun facts!
Shows the rise of veganism in the UK from 2009 to 2016.