15 min Prep
45 min Cooking
- 680g (2 packs) GUSTA Mex veggie ground
- 50g GUSTA Original cheese, grated
- 2.2lb russet potatoes, peeled
- 130g vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 215g white onions, chopped
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400ml vegetable broth
- 280g canned whole kernel corn
- Peel and rinse the potatoes then boil them until very soft.
- Once very soft, drain the water from the pot, add in the 130g of butter, 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder, 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, the 50g of grated GUSTA Original cheese then mash the potatoes and mix everything together until it forms a smooth consistency. Add salt to taste.
- In a large cast iron skillet set to medium-high heat, add in 1 tbsp vegetable oil then cook the onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground and crumble with a spoon or spatula. Then mix in the 2 tbsps of flour and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1⁄2 tsp onion powder, 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder, 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp parsley, 2 tbsps ketchup, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 400ml vegetable broth.
- Stir occasionally for 10 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Evenly spread the corn on top of the mix, then spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the corn layer.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes then set your oven to boil at high heat for 1-3 minutes or until the top of your potatoes have turned brown and slightly crispy.
- Enjoy hot with a side of ketchup or brown gravy.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of antibiotics sold in the United States used for livestock.