25 min Prep
40 min Cooking
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package of GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 green jalapeno, finely sliced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes or 2 jars of tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, frozen or from the can
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- GUSTA Original Cheese, shredded
- Chopped red or green onions
- Sliced jalapeno
- Avocado halves
- Lime wedges
- Corn tortilla chips
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, add olive oil and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly browned.
- Add sweet potatoes, bell pepper and all of the spices cumin, smoked paprika, salt, sugar, chilli powder. Stir to coat and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add jalapeno, garlic and tomato paste and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add vegetable broth along with diced tomatoes and deglaze the pot. Give everything a good mix and bring the soup to boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add beans, corn and Mex Veggie Ground, bring to a boil over medium-high, then reduce heat to low and simmer, undisturbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in lime juice and top with cilantro, chopped onion, sliced jalapeno and shredded cheese.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, lime wedges and avocado on the side. Enjoy!
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the amount of the rising American vegan population in the last 3 years.