20 min Prep
10 min Cooking
- 1 ½ cups of masa harina (Mexican corn flour)
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 avocado sliced
- Cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Gusta Seitan Mex roast, processed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne or 1/2 jalapeño chili, minced
- Start by making your mango salsa. Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl till well combined. Let sit in the fridge for flavours to combine.
- In another bowl, mix in your masa harina and water with your hands until well combined. Roll out 2-inch balls onto a plate and cover with a damp cloth.
- Sandwich your balls, one at a time, with plastic wrap then using either a tortilla press (if you have one) or the bottom of a heavy pie dish (which also works really well), press your balls until you have a ½ in thick round medallion. If your edges have cracked, you can add a little extra water and reshape your edges. You should have a 3inches in diameter
- Once all your sopes are formed, heat up your frying pan on a medium heat with your olive oil and fry up your ground Mexican loaf for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- In a clean pan, heat up some more olive oil over a medium heat and fry up your sopes for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Spread your refried beans on your sopes medallions, then top with the ground Mex Roast, top off with mango salsa, avocado and ½ a cherry tomato. Enjoy!
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.