30 min Prep
10 min Cooking
- 1 pack Spring Roll Wrappers
- 8 GUSTA Vegan dog
- 1 can vegan chili (450 ml)
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 1 Cheddar Style GUSTA Cheese
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Vegetable oil, enough to fill 2 inches of your pan
- Vegan Egg Wash
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Ketchup and Mustard for dipping
- Lay an egg roll wrapper down with the point facing you so it looks like a diamond shape.
- Place a vegan dog across the egg roll wrapper vertically so the ends are in line with 2 of the corners of the wrapper.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of chili along the length of the hot dog and 1 tbsp cheese, onions and chives.
- Fold over the 2 wrapper corners facing the dog ends tucking them around the hot dog and toppings.
- Fold over the left side sealing it with a dab of maple syrup. Roll over your roll to close it and seal the other side with another dab of maple syrup.
- Fill a deep-frying pan with 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat over medium high heat till it reaches 350°F.
- Gently place spring rolls in hot oil with a slotted spoon, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side or until they’re lightly browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve with ketchup and mustard.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.