- For Gremolata
- ¾ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Zest of two lemons
- 4 to 5 finely chopped sage leaves
- One clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt
- Pasta of your choice for two people
- 2 GUSTA sage and lemon sausages
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- One clove of garlic
- 4 to 5 sage leaves
- 3 kale leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup of cooking water
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the walnuts for a few minutes.
- Then, using a grinder or knife, chop the walnuts and mix all the ingredients for the gremolata in a bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook according to the brand's recommendations.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sage leaves and a whole clove of garlic. Let the liquid soak up the flavour for a few minutes.
- Two minutes before adding the pasta to the mixture, add the sausage pieces or slices and the minced kale to the pan over high heat. Remove the garlic clove.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a quarter cup of the cooking water. Add pasta and cooking water to mixture.
- Mix. Serve on two plates and top pasta with gremolata.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of Canadians who call themselves vegan or vegetarian.