15 min Prep
20 min Cooking
- 2 sheets vegan-friendly puff pastry (1-box)
- 1 GUSTA Traditionnal pâté , cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp of GUSTA Original vegan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ small cooking onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Let the pastry thaw slightly for about an hour at room temperature. You want the pastry to still be a little frozen because it’s easier to work with and won’t get too soft.
- In your food processor, gently pulse together GUSTA pate, cheese, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder until combined. Dump the pate mixture into a bowl.
- Add onion, peas, carrots, and pepper and mix with your hands until combined. Taste and season to your liking.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll it into a ball. You should end up with 9 balls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together plant-based milk and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Lay the pastry sheets flat and cut the sheets into 9 squares each (18 total) using a knife.
- Brush the border of the first 9 squares with some of the milk/maple mixture.
- Quickly, place a ball of filling onto each one, and top with another square of pastry. Using a fork, seal the edges all the way around, and repeat.
- Brush filled and sealed pastries with a bit more of the milk/maple mixture.
- Transfer to a parchment or silicone mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until the pastries are flaky and golden brown.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of Canadians who call themselves vegan or vegetarian.