10 min Prep
20 min Cooking
- Olive oil
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 small White Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Jalapenos, diced
- 350g GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground
- 1 tsp Paprika,
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ can Black Beans, rinsed
- ½ cup (125ml) Water
- ½ tsp Cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups (150g) GUSTA Mozzarella Style cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups (150g) GUSTA Cheddar Style cheese, shredded
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and add your onion, red pepper and jalapenos. Fry until softened, then scrape to the outside of the pan. Add in the Ground Gusta Mex and break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, mix in spices and tomato paste.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry and mix till well combined.
- Deglaze the pan with the slurry mixture. Add black beans, simmer and reduce for 5mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once fully reduced, take off heat and pour into a bowl.
- In a pan over a medium-low heat, add olive oil and put your first tortilla.
- Sprinkle over ½ cup of cheese, then 1/2 cup ground mixture. Fold over and fry until golden-brown, then flip over to the other side. Repeat until the entire ground mixture is finished.
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the amount of kilos of grains saved each day with a vegan diet.