20 min Prep
25 min Cooking
For a 10 inches pie. Filling:
- 2 vegan shortcrust
- 1 GUSTA seitan roast Classico (400 g)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow potatoes, diced
- 4 white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of tomato paste (156ml)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of all spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Heat a large stockpot on medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the vegetable (celery, potatoes, onions, mushrooms). Cook for about 7 minutes
- Chop the seitan in the food processor.
- Add the vegetable broth and chopped seitan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Assemble the meat pie: put the first shortcrust in the bottom of your dish, add the filling then cover everything with the second shortcrust and close the sides
- Make a small ventilation holes on the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the ketchup: mix all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until desired consistency.
- Allow it to set for about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
StatsMore fun facts!
Shows the rise of veganism in the UK from 2009 to 2016.