20 min Prep
25 min Cooking
For a 10 inches pie. Filling:
- 2 vegan shortcrust
- 1 GUSTA seitan roast Classico (400 g)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow potatoes, diced
- 4 white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of tomato paste (156ml)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of all spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Heat a large stockpot on medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the vegetable (celery, potatoes, onions, mushrooms). Cook for about 7 minutes
- Chop the seitan in the food processor.
- Add the vegetable broth and chopped seitan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Assemble the meat pie: put the first shortcrust in the bottom of your dish, add the filling then cover everything with the second shortcrust and close the sides
- Make a small ventilation holes on the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the ketchup: mix all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until desired consistency.
- Allow it to set for about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
StatsMore fun facts!
Is the percentage of people in Canada who want to reduce their meat consumption in order to be healthier.